Renting Your Unit
Procedure & Forms (revised & updated 7/1/2022)
Individuals that will be occupying a unit in the Unit Owner’s absence for more than thirty (30) days are considered renters (Tenants) and Owners must follow the rental procedures below.
Prior to lease or rental Owners must have owned the unit for two years and all Maintenance and Assessments must be paid up to date.
Forms: Links to download the required forms and the instructions are at the bottom of this page and may also be obtained from the Association Office during business hours.
UNITS MAY NOT BE RENTED UNTIL ALL STEPS BELOW ARE COMPLETED AND FINAL APPROVAL IS ISSUED.
Owner(s) must submit the following to the Association Office:
1. A completed and signed Notification of Intent to Rent form must be submitted 30 days before the estimated occupancy date.
2. A Landlord Permit issued and required by the City of Delray Beach. Required forms can be obtained from the Code Division at Delray Beach City Hall, 100 NW 1st Avenue, Delray Beach, FL 33444, (561-243-7243) or click here to download the form.
· The fee for the City permit is $75.00 for one year. The permit is valid from Nov 1st of the current year through Oct 31st of the following year. Failure to secure a permit is subject to a triple permit fee imposed by the City.
Once the forms have been submitted, reviewed and accepted by the Board of Directors the Owner may then proceed with the Rental/Lease process (Step 3)
3. UNIT MAY NOT BE OCCUPIED OR RENTED UNTIL THE FOLLOWING ARE COMPLETED AND SUBMITTED TO ASSOCIATION OFFICE:
· A completed and signed Application for Lease/Rental with the Prospective Tenant's Information
· A copy of the Lease/Rental Agreement
· Pay a $150.00 non refundable application processing fee payable to High Point Section 3 (submitted with Appllication).
(Application fee will be waived for return renters who previously rented in Section 3 within the past 3 years.)
· Sign and submit a Credit Check Authorization (Brown’s Background Check) and submit:
o A copy of a current Driver’s License or Passport
o Emergency Contact Information Form
o A Signed Acknowledgement of Rules & Regulations
4. Once all forms and payment are submitted and processed, an Interview will be scheduled for the Prospective Tenant(s) with 2 Board members. Interviews must be attended in-person and are held at the Association Office.
6. When approved, a Rental Approval form will be issued to the Owner and the Tenant may occupy the unit.
Notification of Intent To Rent (and Rental Procedure)
Landlord Permit Click here to review City of Delray requirements & forms
Tenant - Application for Lease/Rental